Saturday, July 7, 2012

Learning to stamp on Sensationail Blue Yonder





I have stepped up my practicing with stamps. I now have the new Bundle Monster and MASH plate sets. Between the two, I have found a number of images that are not to girly. I like the geometric patterns and a bunch of others. Practicing is made easier this week by applying Sensationail Blue Yonder gel polish. As long as I use a non acetone remover I can stamp, take it off and restanp with out messing with redoing the base color. The gel polish is hard to get neat around the cuticles. Since it is a dark blue, any mistakes show up like a sore thumb.

I also received the new extra large stamper from Ninja Polish. It works as good as the YouTube video I watched on it. I can press the stamper directly down on the image without having to roll the stamper. You also press it down on the nail the same way. I was able to get more consistent full transfers without smudging. It is a bargin for $8($11 with shipping). It also cleans up real easy.

In order to create nail designs that are as gorgeous as the ones Laurie from Dressed Up Digits creates, I need to work on my polish application and learn to do gradients. Also trying to figure out stamping colors that compliment the base colors requires some experimentation.

One final note, My weight loss has slowed down, but I am down 37 pounds from my heaviest and 25 pound in the last eight weeks. I feel better about myself and it motivates me to continue. The Paleo diet really suits me. I just have to make an effort to eat enough veggies.

17 comments:

  1. Good job on the weight loss!!! I like the first images with the triangles!!! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lana! The stars seemed a bit rough and needed something else. This has been a big learning experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim - I love the triangle pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The triangular pattern suits you well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really do like that pattern. I want to try some different color combinations. Stamping white on dark blue was too harsh, but the grey was a little too muted. I am still trying to find what looks works and what doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the starry pattern :D Stamping was such a disappointment to me :( But yours came out so nice that it makes me want to give it a shot again :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, thank you for this! I ordered the big stamp. Looks like it has a little stamp at the other end for small designs too. I love it.
    Something you may want to try is sponging a metallic over a dark color across the nail and then stamping a design over the metallic. I saw this on a Pinterest photo and can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jim you are too dang sweet to say I have gorgeous designs! I think you are doing a fantastic job stamping and I love this latest geometric pattern on the blue. I'm glad to see you stamping because there are some really awesome images I think any guy can pull off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too modest! You have an eye of an artist to know what colors work together and to combine them in such pleasing ways. The gradients have such even transitions.

      Delete
    2. I too use Sensationail now. You know Gelish works under that light too, right? WHAT a steal! I love the stamping, I'm next!

      Delete
    3. The light is worth the cost of the kit. I use it with the Seche UltraV topcoat. I love that topcoat because it is so thin and self levels. Takes a lot less than the 3 minutes with the Sensational light.

      Delete
  9. This is something my wife and I are planning on trying soon. Looks great on you and thanks for sharing. I might have to post some pics on my blog when I finally try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! It can be a fun hobby to share with your wife. I'll be looking for your pics in the future.

      Delete
  10. wow amazing!! Great job x Let me know how you find the xl stamper...I stamp all the time - but have a hard time with the squishiness lol

    /Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it. I used to have to roll the Konad stamper around to get a full transfer. With th XL, I just smoosh streight down on the nail. I screw up less. For little images I still use the Konad stamper for accurate placement.

      Delete