Monday, May 23, 2011

Nails Magazine article on men's French manicure

I read this article and really like the look. With the thin off white tip, it looks how I would like my nails to look without polish. The picture below is from the article. A link to the full article in Nails magazine is below. Why do salons charge so much for French manicure? It doesn't take them that much longer to do than a solid color. I should print the article and take it with me to the salon and ask if they can do that.  I really need to get up to speed on where to find different brands of polish locally.  So, I need to find Essie "Vinyl Bikini" and "Like Linen" to take with me. I don't want to leave it to chance on what they select.


5 comments:

  1. This isn't something I have tried on my feet, but I did get a French manicure last winter as, among other things, I play classical guitar in an ensemble, and the governor was attending a small intimate concert we performed, so I wanted to appear my best.

    It does take a while longer to do a French mani than a solid color, if they do it right and get the tips consistent with the right color. A French pedi might be interesting to try sometime.

    I have a female Tae Kwon Do student that always sports a nice French pedi, and if it wasn't for the fact that her feet were in my face once in a while, I could never tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ her feet in your face! I think the thin lined french pedi is a great idea to update the old french manicure. Have you ever tried the guide tapes and do it yourself? it's not that hard :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the guide tape at Walgreen on my way home from work today. I also scored the Essie "Like Linen". Unfortunately, the didn't have the "Vinyl Bikini"; there wasn't even a spot for it. I will try out the tape when I get tired of my current pedi color. I may practice on a finger to test it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah MM, the first time I noticed was when I was teaching her an ap chagi (front snap kick), and was showing her how to position her foot. I commented "nice French", and she busted up laughing. A few days later I was getting a pedi and she walked in. I often sport painted toes while teaching. When you are a 4th Dan you can get away with that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is funny how you become more aware of other peoples hands feet. She laughed because of the circumstances, but I'm sure she appreciated the compliment.

    ReplyDelete