Sunday, January 6, 2013

Long Nails to nubs

Before removal
After removal

I have totally enjoyed having strong nails that don't peel, bend and break. Acrylics have been like having nails of steel. With all the work I do with my hands, I never broke or had a nail come off. So, why would I remove them? The answer is something I saw posted on face book by some fellow stampers. They are called custom nails. They perform the same function as acrylics, but they are custom molded to your nail beds. They are reusable and can be soaked off when your nail grows out. So instead of going for a fill and spending $30 every two weeks, I will take them off, trim my nails and reapply them. I also didn't like that my acrylics stained down the sides of my nails and at the tips where it seemed polish got under the acrylic.

My kit arrives Tuesday. It consists of forms and some stuff to take impressions of each fingers nail beds.  I then send that back with a form telling them what shape and length I want. You can get them with or without a white french tip. It will be 2-3 weeks before I get them back. Until then I will live with my short flimsy nails. One nail is already peeling! (the reason I went to acrylics)

I cant wait to post pictures of my new nails! until then I'll have fun with polish and stamping on my short nails.

Thanks for following me!

13 comments:

  1. I've never heard of custom nails before, but they sound very cool--looking forward to your pics! Also, love the awesome skull stamps. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I reall like the skulls too. Here is a link if you want to read about the custom nails:
      http://www.customnailsolutions.com

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to seeing your new nails. What length and shape did you go for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't received the kit yet. It is supposed to be here tomorrow. I keep flip flopping on whether to get active or fashion length. Probably fashoin because you can always file them down, but can't make them longer. I am leaning towards squoval in shape. I have always like the looks of that shape. Square tends to be a easier to either scratch myself or catch on something. I can't wait to get them. I got used to being able to tap my fingers on things. Now I miss the clicking of the nails.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I think the size and density of the skull pattern make even skulls look cute. It didn't have a badass feel to it. I was actually trying for a fun look in black and white. I actually had a check out person grab my hand to get a look at them. It was kind of funny.

      Delete
  4. I love those skulls! I've never heard of custom nails,either; can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I will post lots of pictures when i get them.

      Delete
  5. That skull stamping is amazing, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, I really love these color. I love sparkles too, but it takes me forever to get it off my nails.. im going to try this out. thank you

    mani pedi | pleasantroadspa.com

    ReplyDelete