Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Summer of polish!

CG Strap on You Moon Boots with Layla Ultraviolet

BB Couture 45 Caliber

BB Couture Plutus

BB Couture Rustler and Rustler topcoated with Suntan Shimmer

Favorite pedi this summer!

My 4th, of July nails

Attempt at watermelon nails
Hello everyone. I haven't been posting as much lately. Life has been crazy. The last couple of weeks have been great polish weeks. I now wear whatever polish or nail art that strikes my fancy. It is a combination of widening my polish horizons and realizing nothing bad has happened by wearing polish and nail art openly. I have a number of cashiers and coworkers that always look to see what I am wearing. A nurse today said "that is a really pretty color", referring to the CG Strap on Your Moon Boots with the stripe of Layla Ultraviolet. The length of my nails I am wearing currently are a little shorter than I had been wearing. The slightly shorter length has resulted in zero nail accidents. I am going to try the longer length again when I am done pouring the cement for my patio. They deliver a truck load of crushed stone on Monday, so long nails are out of the question for a bit. I also received my welding mask from Amazon. I have always wanted to learn to weld. I have some welding that needs to be done and I don't want to pay someone to do it.

I have had terrible luck with stamping lately. I think it is because I have been practicing free hand nail art more lately. I need to shake the rust off. I really like stamping and want to get in stamping shape before Halloween!

18 comments:

  1. Such creative work, as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you've embraced your creative nail side! Your 4th of July nails rocked! I prefer the shorter length on you but I think it's because I like it best when you wear darker colors and I always think darker colors look best on short nails lol. Glad you are having so much fun just being you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the 4th of July design you did. That is cute. The pedi is nice too. That color seems to look good on everyone's toes. I even have on a shade very similar. I painted flowers in white and added some silver swirls but yeah, I like the dark pink and white combo. If you are going to paint you may as well add a design it's so much more fun and a good creative outlet that way too! I think I am going to try to do a watermelon mani too that is perfect for summer! I love themed nails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Polish is an excellent creative outlet. I am exploring my creative side. My dad was an artist. My oldest sister is an artist too. Until polish, I had always rejected art for more stereotypical guy interests.

      Delete
  4. The top mani is my favourite for colour but I love your watermelon nails theyre brill! :) I like your nails shorter too the shape is lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The shorter length is how they are most of the time. I sometimes go longer for nail art, but shorter is better for real life.

      Delete
  5. Being a guy myself that wears nail polish I find your designs to be very beautiful. I'm known on my YouTube Channel for my naturally long nails that I usually keep painted with Sally Hansen Nail Polishes. I find your designs to not only be very beautiful but inspirational!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Lawuan223

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will check out your Youtube Channel.

      Delete
  6. I saw your lovely comment on my blogg and found your lovely page :) I am simply in love with your cool outlook on life as a male polish addict :) Keep up the good work :)

    xoxo
    gin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited about your work i wanted to send you a small nail mail of some pretty European brand polishes. But i cant seem to find your email to hammer this thing out. my email is posted on my blog - feel free to contact me if you are interesed :) http://baroquefool.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  7. I am always excited to find a male run nail polish blog and your's does not disappoint! New fan here, and I love that pink pedicure. I jealous of your creativity. Inspiration never seems to strike me :( Keep showing us girls how its done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashlee! I struggle for inspiration too. Gaps in my posting are proof of that.

      Delete
  8. Hey, what kind of custom nails do you use, where did you get them (in sizes for a guy's fingers) and how do you attach them? I've used some acrylics I bought online attached with gel-type adhesive stickers,but they don't stay on very well. If I'm going out I have to carry extra stickers and a pair of tweezers in my pocket so I can fix them during the evening.

    I'm also a dude who loves to paint my nails. But I find it damages and flakes the natural nail pretty badly, so they have to stay short: custom false nails would be great for nights out when I want them to be a bit longer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are from customnailsolutions.com They send you a kit to take impressions of your natural nails. They make the custom ones from your impressions so they fit perfect. They are glued on with nail glue. I soak them off in acetone and can reuse them forever. I have had them 8 months and still love them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so totally going to try this...awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweetie, Do You Wear Pantyhose ???

    ReplyDelete