Friday, April 19, 2013

Butterflies and long nails.

Left Hand

Right Hand

My inspiration from Beaching Nails.

I have currently been wearing my nails that just go past the end of my fingers by about 1mm. They are just long enough to paint easily without making a mess on the end of my finger. I ordered a longer set of nail that are more like 6mm past the end of my fingers. The manufacturer calls them glamour length. I also requested them in french tip. I thought it would be fun to have an extra set that I can try out more extreme or complicated nail art on. I saw the above photo from Beaching Nails and had to try it. I wanted to use a different color scheme that better suited my polish collection. I used Layla Ultraviolet as the base color and then sponged on China Glaze Sci-Fly By to add a gradient of colors. I was real happy with the results. When I was 3/4 done applying the black polish, it dawned on me I should have mirrored the design for the right hand. I didn't bother to redo it since this is a learning mani. If it had been done for someone, I would have redone it to make it right. I also would use the next size down dotting tool.

I decided I couldn't go through all the work without at least wearing them for a day before removing the polish to try another nail art design. I was a bit nervous about wearing these longer nails in combination with such a vibrant in your face design. I decided what the f@#k and put on my new design and wore it to work. Much to my relief and disappointment, NOT ONE person said anything. However, the girls at the nail salon where I went for my pedi tonight really loved it and the cashier at target said she loved my nails. I wouldn't want to wear my nails this long all the time, I have to be way to careful. The shorter ones require minimal thought to avoid pain. I am sure if I left these on for a week, my brain would adapt and it would be less troublesome. Tomorrow I have to do some carpentry or auto work depending on the weather. I will report back on how that went later.

I would like to thank Beaching Nails for making her tutorial picture and allowing me to repost it. Please visit her at http://beachingnails.blogspot.com

16 comments:

  1. I love the holo gradient on these, Jim--they look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you gradient is FAB!!! These turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie, that means a lot coming from the Queen of gradients!

      Delete
  3. Your nails look great. Wish i could wear that but they chip way too quick so I just stick to a basic gel nail polish :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wore them to work and only had a little tip wear, I made sure to wrap the tips with the color and the top coat.

      Delete
  4. I don't like to growth the nails.Nails are more likely to have pathogens that can cause illnesses like staph infections and yeast infections.
    Plain T shirt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am good at cleaning under my nails when I wash my hands. We have a nail brush by our sink.

      Delete
  5. not fair! totally not fair, I am so jelous! they look amazing, wish I could get away with wearing mine that long! great job and keep the color flowing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided that the people that don't like guys wearing nail polish already hate me, so why not wear what I want and how long I want. This length is a little longer than I like, but they are great for nail art.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, they're fantastic. You've done a brilliant job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire, it has motivated me to try more nail art.

      Delete
  8. I really love how these turned out <3

    ReplyDelete