Saturday, January 14, 2012

Go Giants! Pure Ice Strapless

Outside in sun.
Inside at salon.

I picked up Pure Ice Strapless at Walmart.  I loved how glittery it was and the color reminded me of my NY Giants.  When I swatched it at home, I found that it took three coats to look like the bottle. That is one more coat than I usually have the patience for. I figured I would take it with me today for my pedicure. When she started on my little toe, she said it would be better over another blue. I told her it would take three coats to look good. I relented and she picked an unknown OPI blue. She ended up doing two coats of the OPI blue and then one of the Pure Ice; so she ended up doing three coats anyway. Regardless, I love the outcome. It looks amazing in normal lighting. I can't wait to see it in the sun! I may have to buy a new floatie for the pool so I can float around staring at my feet. At my age, when other parts of the body are letting me down, at least my feet and legs are still in good shape!

16 comments:

  1. ohhh, that is an awesome blue! Came to your blog through Manglaze on facebook, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber, I was surprised when she mentioned my blog.

      Delete
  2. My Giants won! Now I have to add a red stripe to my toes to make match their helmets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome color, So glad I found your blog, it's awesome. WOOT WOOT the Giants won!!! That was such an awesome game! I had blue on today too lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog through a shoutout on another website and I LOVE it! Isn't Strapless a fantastic color? It reminds me of OPI Absolutely Alice but without the gold glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will be fun this week. There a lot of Fortyniner fans here in Hawaii. I need some warm weather Giants gear. I want us to beat the Patriots in the superbowl again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really hope the Giants go all the way. I'll have another Giants Mani on for the next game too. I really hope if the Patriots go (which they should cuz Ravens looked terrible today) that the Giants stomp on them - I dislike the Patriots with a passion lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope we get a chance to spoil Tom Terrific's day!

      Delete
  7. So your blog was posted on another website...so I had to see what this was all about and I think this blog is AMAZING!!!
    *follows*
    How is Pure Ice's formula?? I always see it and never buy...
    GO GIANTS!!!! (I need to start working on a mani for the championships)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pure ice Strapless is colored glitter suspended in a clear base. It takes at least three coats to build up to being opaque. The up side to being so sheer is that it is hard to screw up. Even I could make it look good when I swatched it. My pedicure is Strapless on an unkown OPI blue. I forgot to grab the bottle and get the name of the OPI color. I usually bring my own polish. Their polish selection is kind of lame. I wish there were some NFL plates for Konad. Go Giants!

      Delete