Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Manglaze - Matte is Murder

Sorry for the scowl, the sun was in my eyes
Today I decided it was a good day to try ManGlaze Matte is Murder. I had to go into town to the farm supply store to buy some gate posts for my property. The sales women at the farm supply complimented me on my nails and said she liked that I painted my nails. I don't have any close ups of the manicure since so many of the other awesome lady bloggers do such a good job showing them. I like how the matte polishes have a less feminine look to them. I think it makes it clear that I am not trying to be a women. I would make one ugly women! I would have to be called Helga.  There seems to be a double standard in my mind when it comes to polish, for a pedicure I'll wear any color without thinking about it. However, I am a lot more conservative when it comes to a manicure.

Eight foot telphone poles are heavy!
Once again Manglaze held up to some heavy work without any damage. The other mattes I've tried would chip just looking at those poles!

17 comments:

  1. I've had lots of trouble with mattes chipping in the past, but it sounds like I will have to try out Manglaze!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have got to give me some Manglaze. If it holds up this well for outside work it should last even better with indoor chores. Great Pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It had made it possible to wear polish and go about my life.

      Delete
  3. I have to give Manglaze a chance. I like that you paint your nails as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it. It gives me hope that I'll find someone.

      Delete
  4. Jim, I'm so glad you're having good luck with Manglaze, that's been my experience with them too! They wear like iron, don't they? Pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just started following your blog - so excited to read your posts and get a fresh/different perspective on NP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it. It has been fun sharing my entry into the world of polish.

      Delete
  6. If you like brown, MG's new color santorum is gorgeous. I just ordered it. Matte is Murder wears great, I've beaten the hell out of it on ambulance calls/at fires and it doesn't budge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost ordered it last week when I ordered some other Manglaze colors. I wish I had since they were throwing in a free Lesbihonest. Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  7. I love your blog! I am also a huge fan of manglaze although I can't attest to the wear as you can since I change polish almost daily, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, wear is the biggest issue with me wearing polish on my fingernails.

      Delete
  8. Haha my name is Helen but my best friend and my bf call me Helga! Just made me chuckle :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Jim I can't find a contact for you. I really wanted to use one of your pics in a blog post I'm working on featuring male nail bloggers. Please get back to me at my email itsrainingstars13@hotmail.com or my Twitter @PaintinRainbows. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete