Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Bad blogger!

Trying a Sugar Bubbles nail tip stamp.


Batina stamping plate  images

CG Towl Boy Toy and CG Pink Voltage to give me a mood boost

Layla Ultraviolet stamped with Cheeky Wild at heart plate
My Supernatural theme nails

My first real success at stamping stickers
It has been almost a month since I posted last. 2014 has not been off to a good start. I am dealing with Heart issues that put me in the ER twice and in the cardiac unit of our local hospital. Now that I am out and home, I have had time to do a lot of nail stuff. As you can see, most of these are bright and happy. Polish either reflects my mood or is used to try and change it. Recently it is the latter. I have been trying colors and stamping that I find pretty. Given my health, I decided I don't care if they are less than manly designs. If I like it, I wear it. Some of them don't make it 24 hours before I am over them.

Given the name of my blog, I would like to make one observation about my recent girly manicures. Most people just don't care. No dirty looks or comments. If ladies I interact with like a mani they say something nice. If they don't, they don't say anything. If you want to wear polish, just do it and own it.

13 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Great job with the tip stamping. I can never get them to line up straight.

    Sorry 2014 has not been good to you. I'll send happy thoughts and keep my fingers crossed that it gets better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the first time I have had any luck lining them up. Next time I am going to use the stamping sticker m ethod and just place them in the right spot.

      Delete
  2. I am so jealous of your nails lol The stamping is GREAT!! No matter how hard I try, I never get them lined up. The tip plates are useless to me!

    It'll get better, I'm sure of it! Remember that things pass... Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying to take advantage of the downtime while I am off work. Polish is low stress and I can stop and laydown if neccessary. I needed to get some practice in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you blogging again! I hope you have some time to rest and relax and do lots of polishing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Live, love, and polish. You've got the right attitude, wear your polish with pride and ANY design you want. Set your own rules. We should all start doing that and quit bending to what society deems proper. Life is too short.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi all. Been a polish addict since a teenager on my toes. Im 45 now. Heavilly tattooed, looong hair, a biker and LOVE NAIL POLISH. I have only started wearing polish in public with friends about 2-3 years ago and have never looked back nor have i ever received any negative comments. I have gotten sooo good at it that i have surpassed ALL my female friends manicures in terms of finish and application and neatness. As a hetero male i cant even explain how this feels. Im also a sign and vehicle custom painter and pinstriper for bikes so i have dealt with EVERY color possible. Would love to get into stamping and have no clue where to start. I think the stamping will take my nails to the next level and i want to know where to start. What beginner stamping kit to buy? Can i use any polish?( i have over 220 colors now) can i get a stamping kit at my local Sally Beauty Supply or online?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that supernatural design, great stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your post. Been doing my toes for s while now. Going to get a pedicure and wondering what colors and thoughts on acrylic toes? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your post. Been doing my toes for s while now. Going to get a pedicure and wondering what colors and thoughts on acrylic toes? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unless you have something wrong with your natural toe nails, I would just stick to a standard pedicure. Acrylic on your nails can give you the length and style you may not be able to achieve on your own. Sorry for the delay in responding. I haven't had a lot of time for my blog.

      Delete