Thursday, July 9, 2015

Seeing Red!

BB Couture Vampire Bite inside LED lighting

BB Couture Vampire Bite in Sunlight
Hello everyone! A few weeks ago BB Couture had a sale. When I was looking to choose polishes, I was drawn to this beautiful red. Until now, it was rare for me to wear red. It is a color some women don't wear often. I have always thought reds were sexy, which made me even more apprehensive to wear it. I currently don't have a girlfriends red nails to look at, so my nails will have to do. Red is just one of a multitudes of polishes. It shouldn't be any different then wearing blue. So I have worn this red for 2-1/2 days. No one commented on my choice of colors positively or negatively, which is okay. I wear polish for me and no one else. I am not trying to make a statement . The only statement is that what I wear on my nails is my business. If you don't like it, that is your problem. I am so thankful that my work has not taken issue with it. I am not sure if I could go back to boring plain nails after all this time. It is part of who I currently am.

Any guys out there on the fence about wearing polish in public, I say polish on and enjoy adding color to your life!

p.s My 4th of July nails below.


6 comments:

  1. That's a really nice red! I don't really wear red polish either (I guess it feels old-fashioned), but sometimes you just have to rock it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bright reds like that do bring images of movie starts from years ago. Christina Aguilera on the voice rocked bright red nails and lipstick a few times. It makes me think of Marilyn Monroe.

      Delete
  2. Great colour... I often wear red on my fingers, in fact red is on of my favourite colours and I have svery different shades in my collection.

    Red finger nails doesn't seem to draw any more attention than any other colour I choose to wear :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are a gay or going to attend gay parties, this is a nice way to decorate yourself and rock! Otherwise, i would say that it's just a waste of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No more a waste of time decorating your self with tattoos that are often poorly done and permanent. Actually, I don't know anyone that is gay that wear polish. I think it is an ignorant assumption. Why is a red car okay, but not red nails? If red is a girly color, why do so many guys like red cars? This whole assigning gender to colors is stupid and is entirely a social construct that changes over time. Pink used to be for boys and blue for girls years ago. I am not going to limit my selection of colors based on what some people may imply by my choices. I am heterosexual, but consider my self gender non conforming. I am interested in some things usually associated with the opposite sex. I identify as a male, I don't feel like I should be a women. I love sports and lettered in three sports in High school and had a football scholarship to college. Just because my artistic side is expressed with nail art doesn't define my sexuality.

      Delete