Friday, May 6, 2016

Has it been that long?

Sorry I have neglected my blog for so long. I haven't been sure what to to talk about. Wearing polish on a daily basis has become so normal to me and the people around me that it doesn't inspire much to talk about. However, in a sense that in itself is noteworthy. The fact that it has become a non issues means that, in my current environment, I have overcome the social bias against guys wearing polish,

The biggest problem I deal with is of my own making. I enjoy doing nail art and being in a number of Facebook nail groups. Being in those groups makes me gravitate to having longer nails that are better suited for a wide variety of nails art. I have long since stopped worrying about designs being to girly. I have done camo designs and other designs that are more gender neutral. There are so many stamping patterns that are just interesting and to use a term that dates me "cool". I love some of the geometric patterns out there.


I think this design is gender neutral.

This is the length I like for doing nail art.

Camo pattern goes with my camo shorts or kilt.



Another pattern that is interesting for anyone.

I currently have no acrylic or gel on my nails. I am trying to get them a little healthier. I would love not to have to use any enhancements. However, my nails are so flimsy and they have always peeled at the free edge. The last two weeks is the longest I have gone without polish in 3-4 years. I am getting impatient. They are still peeling even though I have been oiling them many times a day. I am getting a lot better at doing acrylic nails. They can be safe and not damaging if you don't use an electric file on your nails.

I'll try and post more often.

Thanks for reading.

Jim


4 comments:

  1. Missed ya! Nice nail art shown. My nails bend and peel so I just keep them very short and put on bright colors. And yes I'm 56 and put my hair in a bun.
    I hope to see some more pedicures. We're big flip flop wearers in Phoenix.

    So here's a question for you..which camp do you fall into and why?
    Must put the same color on fingers and toes
    OR
    Huh? Why would I limit myself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SInce I change my nail polish multiple times a week, my toes rarely match my nails for more than a couple of days. I am 6'-4" and not very flexible, so I rarely do my toes myself. I go for a pedicure every three weeks. Used to be two weeks until money got tight. I like it when they match, but it doesn't bother me if they don't. If I am not at work, I am in flip flops!

      Delete
  2. yes it has really been long xD welcome back and yeah dont forget to stay updated often because there are people like me who really look upto you and your amazing blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, between my obsession with politics and my heart issues. I have had less energy to do everything I like to do. I post a lot of my stuff in nail groups on Facebook these days. Sometimes my blog seems redundant. I forget not everyone is in the nail polish groups for men or in the ones the ladies run.

      Delete