Monday, June 30, 2014

What I have been up to lately.

Gradient stamping over a black base.

Negative space 4th mani.
Hello friends! I have been very sporadic in my postings this year. Many of you know of my health issues. I had my cardiac ablation surgery and it has helped tremendously.  I no longer have the arrhythmia that was sucking the energy out of me. I have finally returned to work and am slowly getting my stamina back. I still am dealing with a skin condition on my hands. That is why the skin on my fingers can look so dry and peeling. I have to moisturize and use cuticle oil at least six times a day to keep them looking marginal.

The first mani was inspired by ones done by the talented ladies in World of Nailcraft. I really find the contrast of the black base and colorful flowers to be pretty. I did it as part of a gradient stamping challenge. The second one was a negative space mani. I used the stars teachers stick on graded papers to mask my nail and then painted the base color. When I peeled it off, it looked like that. I then stamped some additional stars in silver. It was easy and fun to do.

I liked the flower mani enough to try and stamp my toes. I still have a hard time reaching them, but they turned out good. It encouraged me to perhaps start stamping all my toes. However, that would make the nail tech that does my pedicures sad. She likes doing nail art. I always feel bad when I say no. I usually only mess with my toes if my pedi gets chipped up before my next pedicure. I can't stand chipped up nails or toes.

I stamped my big toes to go with my nails.

I tried My hand at doing a camo design on my nails. They are done free hand so that is why they are not all the same. I guess that is good because camo should be kind of random to blend in with nature. This is something I will wear again. I like that it takes a tough guy masculine thing like camo and puts on nails.

Camo mani/pedi

12 comments:

  1. Really glad to hear your cardio surgery went well and is helping--that's awesome news!

    I'm still so hit-and-miss with stamping that I haven't even thought about trying to stamp in a gradient, but the effect looks awesome! Love it on your toes as well, and your camo combination ROCKS. Take care and keep feeling better! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more you stamp, the easier it gets. Keep at it, it is worth the effort.

      Delete
  2. So awesome. Love the top one with the gradient stamping. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I was really happy with how it turned out

      Delete
    2. Hi all. Been a polish addict since a teenager on my toes. Im 45 now. Heavilly tattooed, looong hair, a biker and LOVE NAIL POLISH. I have only started wearing polish in public with friends about 2-3 years ago and have never looked back nor have i ever received any negative comments. I have gotten sooo good at it that i have surpassed ALL my female friends manicures in terms of finish and application and neatness. As a hetero male i cant even explain how this feels. Im also a sign and vehicle custom painter and pinstriper for bikes so i have dealt with EVERY color possible. Would love to get into stamping and have no clue where to start. I think the stamping will take my nails to the next level and i want to know where to start. What beginner stamping kit to buy? Can i use any polish?( i have over 220 colors now) can i get a stamping kit at my local Sally Beauty Supply or online?

      Delete
    3. I replied to your stamping question on another comment you made. Email me at huntleyjr@gmail.com with any stamping questions.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Me too! I am getting my stamina back little by little. I am just happy to no sustained arrhythmias. A few PVC's here and there are something I can live with.

      Delete
  4. Wow, great manis! Glad to hear you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you're doing better! Love the gradient stamping, and the camo!

    ReplyDelete